Typically, a small home is classified as between 400 and 1,000sq ft.
Our first downsize was moving in together, into a property in central Ontario, Canada.
Combining our possessions was one step. Reducing and selling off the surplus was another. We continued to pair down and let go of non-valued items as we planned moving to even smaller places.
Living in a Smaller Home is Better
- Less to Heat & Cool
- Less to Clean & Maintain
- Less to furnish & fill with stuff
- Smaller spaces cost less to upgrade
- Lower Utility Bills
- Lower Property Care Costs
- Easier & Less Time Consuming to Maintain
- Less Expenses, Lower Purchase Prices
- Less Debt (Mortgage)
If less of your time was needed to earn money for housing, or more of your earnings could be spent on non-housing costs - what would you do with the time/money?