Our Van: Belle
Self Conversion of a 2017 Mercedes Benz 170 WB
We picked up our van on January 15th, 2018 and "completed" our build in time for us to depart on February 26th, 2018. Our van is now home, making it easier to travel for and with our work. We've fallen in love with the freedom and the community. The projects and adVANtures never end - nor does the learning!
- 2017 Mercedes Benz 2500 170 WD, High Roof
- Insulation: Rigid Foam, Spray Foam, Air Gap & Reflectix
- Solar: 960 Watt Solar Array, on a tiltable rack (custom made by Ray) with a 3,000w pure sine inverter
- Battery Bank: Three 200 amp hr AGM batteries, charged by solar and ACR.
- Electrical Usage: Induction Cooktop, Desktop Computer, Ultra Wide Screen Monitor, Kettle, Toaster, Milk Steamer, Fridge, Lights, Device Charging & misc.
- Water System: Six 5 gallon fresh water jugs, Two 5 gallon grey jugs
- Bed: Fixed bed, Queen size
- Circulation: 2 Maxx Air Fans and 2 wall mounted 12V fans
- Bathroom: Nature's Head Composting toilet
- Other Features:
- Complete work station - water cooled desktop computer and ultra wide screen monitor
- WiFi and 4G Signal Boosters
- Motorcycle rack for 450lbs bike (custom made by Ray)
GoPro Footage of the build process:
Instagram Posts throughout the van build process: